Wednesday 30 June 2010

Good times...

Things in my life have, recently, been very awesome indeed. First things first, I've been spending lots and lots of time with the Lady, who makes me happier than I ever thought I could be. Tonight we'll be rebooting our dates with dinner and a film, which will be lovelylovelylovely. And then I'll be staying round on Thursday night, which will be wonderful, I love waking up next to her, watching her perfect chest gently rise and fall as she... (ahem) I mean, er, manly things! Did you see the football? Wasn't it... football-y? I thought that (mumbles name so as not to blow cover) played very well. There, that should assert my manliness...

Also it's payday today! Which means I've got some money with which to actually buy things! And this month I intend to budget properly. I've got a little budget worked out so that I'll have some saved each month, and I intend to stick to it like shit on a shoe. The necessities are:
  1. £282.80 - train fares from Wickford to Liverpool Street
  2. £100 - dates (roughly £25 a date, may dip into miscellaneous expenses)
  3. £9.20 - NME (at £2.30 an issue)
  4. £28 - nice lunches (an average of £7 a week, allowing a rotation of Pilpel, Itsu, Japanika/Chop'd, and Wagamama) to relieve me from the mundanity of sandwiches 'n' soup...

There are a few other expenses coming out this month (Sims game, kinky things, the Lady's present, Hop Farm cash) but none of this should break the bank... And if I stick to this budget properly, I'll still have roughly half my pay left! Good times!

I've been to a couple of really amazing gigs in the past week, both at the Roundhouse in Camden. Last Wednesday I went to see the Black Keys, who I must admit I'd not really heard of, but who were pretty good anyway. And this Monday I went to see the Dead Weather, Jack White and Alison Mosshart's motherfucker of a band, who were incendiary. Really, fucking amazing. Hop Farm's this weekend though, so after Bob Dylan, I doubt I'll even remember who Jack White is...

No recipe this time, can't think of anything good...

No comments:

Post a Comment